you never know what will spark one’s soul
you never know what will spark one’s soul
but why aren’t they eating. i am hungry
i don’t remember the last time i had chills the entire episode. shingeki no kyojin is one other show that may have been able to do that.
but this episode…
a mix of anime songs to listen to while driving
1) Utada Hikaru – Beautiful World (“Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone” film ending song)
2) BABYMETAL – Over the Future (live cover) (“Zettai Karen Children” first opening song)
3) Chemistry – Period (“Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood” 4th opening song)
4) Hayashibara Megumi – Give a Reason (“Slayers NEXT” opening song)
5) Masumi Itou – Yume no naka no watashi no yume (“Jinrui wa Suitashimashita” ending song)
6) Yucca f/ Ono Daisuke – Cras numquam scire (“Dantalian no Shoka” aka “Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian” opening song)
7) FictionJunction YUUKA – Akatsuki no Kuruma (“Mobile Suit Gundam SEED” insert song)
8) Shimamiya Eiko – Super Scription of Data (“Higurashi No Naku Koro ni Rei” Opening song)
9) Aimer – Brave Shine (“Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]” second opening song)
10) fripSide – sister’s noise (“Toaru Kagaku no Rērugan / A certain scientific railgun” first opening song)
11) tacica – HALO (“Space Brothers” seventh opening song)
12) After School Tea Time – Don’t say “lazy” (5nin ver.) (“K-on!” first ending song)
13) Kimeru – Overlap (“Yu-gi-oh! Duel Monsters” fifth opening song)
14) Scenarioart – Nana Hitsuji (“Subete ga F ni naru: The Perfect Insider” ending song)
15) osterreich – Munou (“Tokyo Ghoul √A” opening song)
16) ZAQ – kimi he (“Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! Lite” opening song)
17) Hikasa Youko – Utsukushiki Zankoku na sekai (“Shingeki no kyojin” first season, first ending song)
18) Sowelu – Moon on the water (“BECK” insert song)
19) (K)NoW)_NAME – Harvest (“Hai to gensou no grimgar” ending song)
a mix of my most favorite anime songs ever; i just made it so i can listen to it. I got a new iriver clix and had to make a mix from scratch. they are either from S rank shows (and a part of the reason the show is S rank) or the song is just so good.
) Konomi Suzuki n’ Kiba of Akiba – Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui (“Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui” Opening song)
2) Hirano Aya / ENOZ – God Knows… (“Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuuutsu” insert song episode “Live Alive”)
3) KOTOKO – Light my fire (“Shakugan no Shana III final”- Opening song)
4) Man with a Mission f/ Takuma – database (“Log Horizon” Opening song)
5) Antic Cafe – Kakusei Heroism ~THE HERO WITHOUT A “NAME”~ (“Darker Than Black” Second opening song)
6) Maximum the Hormone – Zetsubou Billy (“Death Note” second ending song)
7) Girls Dead Monster – My Soul, Your Beats! (Gidemo ver.) (“Angel Beats!” opening/insert song alternate version)
8) nowhere – FictionJunction YUUKA
9) ELISA – Euphoric Field (“EF: A tale of memories” opening song)
10) ELISA – Ebullient Field (“EF: A tale of melodies” opening song)
11) Mix Speaker’s, Inc – Shiny Tale (“Danshii Koukousei no Nichijou” Opening song)
12) Misokkasu – Rising Rainbow (“Shokugeki no Souma” second opening song)
13) YUKI – Fugainaiya (“Honey & Clover II” opening song)
14) SNoW – Hakasama no Chou (“Jigoku Shoujo” season 1 opening song)
15) SNoW – NightmaRe (“Jigoku Shoujo” season 2 opening song)
16) Lia – Toki wo Kizamu Uta (“Clannad: After Story” opening song)
17) EGOIST – All Alone With You (“Psycho-Pass” Second ending song)
18) HOME MADE KAZOKU – Thank You!! (“Bleach” second ending song)
19) Takahashi Youko – Zankoku na Tenshi no Tēze (Cruel Angel thesis) (“Neon Genesis Evangelion” opening song)
20) Steve Conte and Shanti Snyder – Living Inside the Shell (“Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex 2nd GIG” Ending song)
I watched this show mostly out of a whim. At first I thought – eh another forced moe slice of life in a different environment (maritime ship).
But it was. But so superbly done. Absolutely wow. Absolute wowness. This is a show you can marathon. In fact, it is so hard to stop. The first part of episode 1 eases you in… then wham, back to back plot twists.
Even though there are a lot of characters, you get sense of everyone’s characters and development. It’s actually quite impressive how well they depict the character relationships in such a short time frame with such limited scenes.
AND the animation – the opposite of lazy. Granted none of the animation was super pretty, but it was sleek and tirelessly done. The detail on the ships were amazing. The amount of background information and knowledge put into this show is amazing.
The voice acting was indeed a large part of how the characters came out. The chief engineer Maron is a prime example of voice acting really creating the character. The casting was just great.
A rank show. HIGHLY recommended for any long-time anime fans, and anyone remotely interested in anime.
Oh and I just found out there are two OVA’s. Here we go.
Frankly, this is such an interesting show to watch.
this show has been revving up… in its own quaint, gradual manner.
this was a superb episode.
i ate not too long ago… but watching this show made me hungry again.
this was one of the most complex episodes of this series, not in terms of intellectually following the plot, but the states of the characters’ hearts and how they are connected.